Welcome to Nursery!
Thank you for visiting the Nursery website page. This is the place for all the latest information as well as the place to keep up to date with all of the exciting things we get up to. We hope you enjoy finding out what we have been learning about.
Morning session - 8.30am - 11.30am
The Staff in Nursery are Mrs Khan (Nursery Teacher), Ms Sumayyah Vasa (Teaching Assistant)
Our aim is to create a happy, safe, caring environment where children develop a love for learning!
Welcome back to the Summer Term!!
We hope that you have had an enjoyable Easter break and would like to welcome you back to the Summer term.
This term the children will be encouraged to be independent in accessing their own resources in the different areas of the Early Years curriculum. Children will be encouraged to engage with the learning environment and select their choice of activities. They will be encouraged to share their achievements with their key workers and peers. We will be focussing on social interactions as well as feelings and behaviour towards friends. Towards the end of the term Nursery will be having more interaction with the Reception environment and teachers in preparation for the transition from nursery to reception. Children will continue to recognise their names and start to write some recognisable letters from their name, as well as start forming some recognisable numbers.
We will continue to encourage our skill based learning in our nursery environment. This will include using scissors, holding a pencil correctly, using PVA and glue sticks correctly and communicate interests to our friends and teachers.
This summer term we will be learning about animals and their babies as well as mini-beasts. We will be looking at life cycles and going on a trip to Hatton Farm!! Children will also be looking at seasonal changes and talk about similarities and differences in the environment. We will be using the following books as a focus for our learning; Handa’s surprise, Hungry caterpillar, The three billy goats gruff and The Rainbow Fish.
We will be celebrating the Coronation of the King as well as Eid, Vaisakhi, Fathers day, Refugee week, Eid-Ul-Adha.
Children will continue to expand their phonic knowledge by using intonation in their voices and describe their voice e.g high, low, loud, quiet etc. In the last term children will start to orally segment and blend simple words, as well as saying initial sounds and saying phonemes they can hear in simple words.
If you have any questions about anything, please do not hesitate to ask one of our Early Years Staff - Our doors are always open! We look forward to working with you, to make this a fun, learning experience for your child.
Mrs Khan and Ms Vasa
· Children in Nursery often play and learn outside so it’s very important that your child comes to school with appropriate clothing.
· Please label all your child’s clothing and their school book bag.
· Jewellery is not allowed in school except for simple stud earrings.
· It is also very useful for your child to have a set of spare clothes in a named bag which can stay on their peg just in case they need to change for any reason.
Please note: The morning session starts at 8.30am and finishes at 11.30am. Please ensure that your child is on time for Nursery so that they do not miss important teaching time.
Things you can do at home to support your child:
· Help your child practise recognising and writing the letters in their name.
· Mark making and practise letter formation. This could be by drawing the letter in the air, in sand, painting or using a pencil.
· Take your children to the library.
· Share books, discuss the story, characters and talk about their feelings.
· Encourage your child to put on items of clothing themselves (especially coats)
· Count steps, coins, family members and places at the dinner table.
· Ask your child questions about environment/home life. E.g What is the weather like?
· Let your child make mistakes and learn from them
Have a look at some of our photographs below to see what we have been up to...